#1 rated online diagram maker: where UX begins
Sharpen user experience, create user flows & refine customer journeys with our collaborative online diagram maker – the tool for visualizing solutions
Complex ideas aren’t easy to explain and it’s the details of those ideas and plans that can make or break a website design, process or even an entire system.
Slickplan’s online Diagram Maker lets you visualize and shape processes, decision points and interactions so your team can build stronger, more compelling user experiences.
’ the pro’s
tool for UX diagramming
Improve user experience
Diagram the entire journey before starting development
Clarify complex concepts
Create a-ha moments by diagramming complicated ideas
More than UX diagrams
Visualize data, plan projects, refine business operations & more
Diagram Maker key features & tools
Planning makes perfect. From journey mapping to user flows, diagrams and flowcharts are integral to building an experience that exceeds expectations. Slickplan's web diagram app lets you see and shape the whole story while improving the details.
Universally recognized shapes, flowchart symbols and line connectors make creating and understanding any diagram type effortless and intuitive.
- Drag and drop shapes & symbols
- Context-specific line connectors
- Quick customization from the style bar
When planning website layouts, web pages and user flows with Slickplan, an edgeless canvas lets you push diagrams and ideas as far as you want.
- Attach multiple diagrams to the same page
- Customize backgrounds, borders, colors & more
- Grid view for aligning shapes & diagrams
Create diagrams online with your entire team; work together, brainstorm and share diagrams with teammates, stakeholders or clients from anywhere.
- Edit projects together in real-time
- See edits instantly
- Chat live & share previews
Seamlessly integrate diagrams into your development workflow by exporting high-res charts in whichever format works best for your project.
- Export as PDF, PNG, vector & others
- Save as an XML file
- Share diagrams online
Visualize ideas & solutions with diagrams
Who benefits from our online Diagram Maker?
- UX/UI designers
- Content strategists
- Marketing teams
- Project managers
- Sales managers
- Website developers
Build more intuitive UX with detailed process diagrams:
- Make user flow diagrams to chart steps
- See the bird's eye view of user interactions
- Understand concepts clearly
Effortlessly incorporate Slickplan into your workflow:
- Add images & graphics to diagrams
- Collaborate with other professionals
- Cloud-based sharing from anywhere
Diagram ideas to better understand processes and create better content:
- Use Venn diagrams to shape concepts
- Organize data for more compelling content
- Draw out your content ecosystem
Enhance content strategy by using diagrams to optimize:
- Planning and research
- Content gathering
- Content creation workflow
Plan and visualize campaigns from start to finish:
- Craft customer journey maps
- Diagramand optimize user flows
- Build mind maps to develop campaigns
Coordinate your entire marketing strategy:
- Plan funnels and associated content
- Collaborate with your team
- Discuss changes in-app
Use diagrams to brainstorm, visualize & clarify ideas for clients:
- Show solutions, don't just explain them
- Define journey stages with swimlane diagrams
- Highlight important interactions with flowcharts
Collaborate with customers remotely to solve pressing problems:
- Communicate concepts clearly & confidently
- Improve & refine data flow & information
- Plan projects with process flowcharts
Use diagrams to get your team on the same page:
- Quickly build process overviews, schematics & more
- Easily diagram complex ideas to pass on to developers
- Share projects with teams and stakeholders
Slickplan's complementary tools help you level up your entire site:
Show clients what improved user flows & UX look like:
- Present user journey solutions
- Diagram process optimizations
- Propose options for better site flow
Diagramming processes, customer journeys & more can:
- Reduce bounce rates
- Keep visitors on sites longer
- Improve engagement
Move into production faster and with more clarity:
- Design & describe complex apps and sites
- Visualize complicated systems
- Diagram user flow through processes
Create diagrams to create deeper understanding:
- Illustrate a whole system with a UML diagram
- Use data flow diagrams to show flow through a process
- Make process flow diagrams to improve projects
Diagram ideas, user flows and data for all of your clients:
- Easily explain concepts and workflows visually
- Workspaces for each project
- Invite-only access for key stakeholders
Tools to move projects along:
- Develop standard operating procedures for your teams
- Build workflow diagrams for onboarding clients
- Start quickly with free diagram templates
Slickplan fits into any tech stack
Use our Diagram Maker to work smart; visualize ideas, systems & processes to improve UX (and more!)
Online diagram tool additional features
Diagrams come in many shapes and sizes; our diagram generator is chock full of features that allow you to diagram just about anything.
Our clean and intuitive diagramming interface makes getting started simple. Build the optimal flow diagram – for any size project – using page, file and conditional symbols.
Each endpoint has its own meaning, add accordingly to improve your diagram. On top of that, endpoints and connectors stay connected so you can move elements without issue.
Link your diagram elements to your sitemap pages for a unified experience that enhances your team's productivity and ultimately improves UX for your users. A web diagram maker designed for better workflow.
You change it; we save it. The autosave feature protects all of your hard work and is saved instantly, so you never have to worry about losing data.
Drag. Drop. Done.
Simply drag and drop symbols, text, images, containers, connectors and other diagram elements, and place them exactly the way you like. Talk about an interactive diagram maker.
Our diagram editor lets you unlock the Z-axis to layer elements however you need to for your project.
In a hurry? Customize keyboard shortcuts to expedite the process. Undo, redo, zoom and add diagram elements and connectors in flash. Truly an online diagramming tool built for speed.
Easily edit labels; click your target element and a text field appears – just start typing. Changes are saved immediately and appear on your diagram symbol or workspace.
Lots of connector types
Different connectors have different meanings; organize and connect elements with specific connectors and endpoints to make diagrams easier to understand.
Group and magnetize
Containers let you group elements together and move them with ease. Copy and paste entire sections in seconds, incredibly helpful on those mammoth diagrams.
In real life diagrams aren't text-only, sometimes you need custom graphics or images like in a user journey, for example. Upload those images and graphics as needed.
Export & print diagrams
Just because you create a diagram online, doesn't mean it has to stay there. Easily export your diagrams alongside your sitemaps. Choose from a variety of formats including Vector EPS, PDF and more.
Bottom style bar
Being able to conveniently create a diagram online is one thing, quickly customizing them is another, our always-there style bar lets you do just that.
Getting it done quickly is often just as important as getting it right. Our slide-out side panel makes the whole diagram creation process faster.
Quickly share a public view of your diagram project with collaborators and stakeholders who can add feedback directly in the workspace.
Undo and redo
Made a mistake? All is forgiven with the one-click undo button. Oh that wasn't a mistake after all? You can redo as well, no big whoop.
Big project? Don't squint or move your face closer to the screen to see the details, just zoom in on the section you're working on. Zoom out for the big picture.
Like lanes in a pool, swimlanes in a diagram help you separate parts of a process, story map or user journey (and beyond). Just drag, drop and get started.
Ensure everything is in alignment. Whether it's for your OCD or better organization, grid view lets you keep your diagram in order and looking sharp.
Resources to help make a diagram
What is a flow diagram?
Whether it’s a rap song, website or app, good flow is always appreciated. Discover why flow diagrams are so important in UX planning.
Crafting user flow
How easily users navigate your site can be a make or break. Find out how to optimize user flow with flowchart examples and a tutorial from the Slickplan team.
Diagram symbol guide
Our online diagram creator uses industry-standard symbol libraries. Take a detailed look at the meanings and usage for each diagram symbol, connector and design element.
Visualize and develop ideas, for free
Use Slickplan’s Diagram Maker to create more compelling user experiences by diagramming each part of the journey first.
My team can’t imagine designing the architecture of a website without Slickplan. It’s a tool we use on every project. Their snappy and intuitive design, along with the integration to other tools we already use when working through IA decisions, makes Slickplan a versatile & comprehensive tool. You guys rock!
Eric Sharp, Founder at Protofuse, Inc