You may have noticed that things have been pretty quiet from the Slickplan team. No, we haven’t just been catching up on Breaking Bad—we’ve been hard at work.
While you’ve been creating sitemaps to build better websites for your clients, we’ve been busy trying to make Slickplan better for you. Here’s the scoop on what we’ve been up to.
A better Slickplan, thanks to you
It all started back in April 2012. We had just spent the past year relaunching the latest version of Slickplan. We had worked hard, and we were proud of the result. And when we showed it to users, they loved what they saw.
But before long, the bubble burst. Like any new web app, Slickplan had a few bugs. Our users kindly pointed them out to us—or they asked us for features we’d never even thought of. Over the next year, we listened.
Today, we’re proud to announce to our users that you’ve been heard. Since the beginning, it’s been our mission to make life easier for web design and interactive teams—people like us who want to make the coolest websites possible, without wasting time on the small stuff. We’ve listened to your feedback. And at the beginning of this summer, we began making your wishes come true.
We hired a user experience and interface designer to help us reimagine Slickplan. And one of our developers dedicated himself to the project for a solid three months. After tons of user testing, polishing, and retooling, we’re finally ready to roll out some awesome new features.
With the new and improved Slickplan, get ready to:
- Import data from Google XML sitemaps
- Use our site crawler to automatically generate a sitemap from an existing site (Unlimited members only)
- Create sitemaps of any size and dimensions with scalable vector graphics
- Collaborate with multiple editors to update sitemaps in real time
- Use our nifty color swatch sets, or create and save custom color palettes of your own
- Snag our custom page types to automatically produce common pages
- Instantly clone groups of pages
…and more. If it’s been a while since you’ve logged in to your Slickplan account, we encourage you to go check out the new features for yourself. We think you’ll like what you see.